Numerical optimization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120096] Numerical optimization
  • From: Equilib <petterbe at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 04:53:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
I'm new to numerical optimization routines and since I get no results
I worry that I may have made errors in my setup. I would like to
maximize function f(p1,p2,s,c2,g) using the variables p1, p2, s. The
parameters c2 and g are both in the interval (0,1). Hence I want a
large matrix with solutions to the maximization problem for all
combinations of c2 and g.

I set it up as follows:
Do[NMaximize[{f, "Constraints"}, {s, p1, p2}], {c2, 0, 1, 0.1}, {g, 0,
1, 0.1}]

but get a page full of different error mesages and no output. Can
anyone see the programming errors and maybe suggest an alternative
route?

Thanks a lot,
Petter