Re: Stacked fractions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg120078] Re: Stacked fractions
- From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 04:49:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: hanlonr at cox.net
Use Simplify or FullSimplify ((a/b) - c)/d // Simplify (a - b c)/(b d) Bob Hanlon ---- paulvonhippel at yahoo <paulvonhippel at yahoo.com> wrote: ============= Another question, along the same lines. Some of the solutions Mathematica gives me include compound fractions of the form ((A/B)-C)/ D. Again it seems to me most authors would rewrite this as a simpler fraction -- can I get Mathematica to do the same? Where these questions are coming from: Mathematica is now compatible with Word's equation editor, so it's become more desirable for Mathematica's output to look close to what's conventional in a paper.