Re: How to write a "proper" math document

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg120235] Re: How to write a "proper" math document
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 05:22:55 -0400 (EDT)

Producing a single pdf output file is today trivial in TeX -- in fact,
that's often the default.

Inserting a graphic via a mark-up command in the source (which would
then be included, in its entirety, in sch a pdf output) is straightforward.

But with TeX, even copy-and-paste with a graphic is simple if you use
the LyX interface to LaTeX.

On 7/13/11 3:10 AM, Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:
> ...Mathematica, even when uses as a "static editor" has lots of
> advantages over TeX editors, like the ability to paste high resolution
> pictures and parts of pdf files directly into a notebook (at least on
> the Mac). When you then print to PDF you get a single pdf file in which
> the stuff originally written in Mathematica and the things that were
> pasted in are merged seamlessly together. Achieving anything like this
> with TeX takes a great deal more effort....

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305