Re: work the way I want it to.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg120531] Re: work the way I want it to.
  • From: "Christoph Lhotka" <christoph.lhotka at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:14:51 -0400 (EDT)

hello,

if you enter 45,65,56 into the input dialog it is converted to a rowbox,
if you enter it as 45 65 56 it is assumed to be the expression 45*65*56,
finally if you enter it as {45,65,56} it will be seen as a list of numbers.

think of typing it directly into your notebook...it is the usual notation

best,

christoph