Re: Using the Combinatorica Package in my own package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg119578] Re: Using the Combinatorica Package in my own package
  • From: Karl Schulz <karlschulz at pwned.de>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 06:40:58 -0400 (EDT)

> In 8.0.1, I get this:
>
> Needs["Combinatorica`"]
>
> General::compat: Combinatorica Graph and Permutations
> functionality has
> been superseded by preloaded functionaliy. The
> package now being
> loaded may conflict with this. Please see the
> Compatibility Guide for details.
>
> Do you this in 8.0?  w.r.t to your call, I do not
> understand it,
> as I do not see what what these 'numberone', 'V' and
> 'G' came
> from. Isn't some of these things supposed to be
> defined before
> making the call?
>
> --Nasser

Hello Nasser,

thank you for your reply and sorry for my late answer.

Yes, I am doing this in 8.0.

- G is a Graph I would like to give to the package as a input

- V is a function from Combinatorica that gives me the number of nodes from a Graph.

- numberone and numbertwo are just two arrays I would like to create, with V[G] entries each, one for each node of the Graph G.

Later on I would like to do more with the package of course, but I have identified this small part to give me trouble, so I have reduced the code to the above.

I get the compatibility notification as well, but superseding the preloaded functionality is ok with me, since I need it later on.

Many greetings,
Karl Schulz