"KernelMessageAction" -> "PrintToConsole" AND "PrintToNotebook"

It appears that in the Options Inspector I can set the
"KernelMessageAction" option to {"PrintToConsole","PrintToNotebook"}
in order to print messages in both places, but when I do it only
prints them to the notebook, not the console.  Anyone know what this
is about?  Thanks.  - Ben