Re: Footnotes, Endnotes in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122654] Re: Footnotes, Endnotes in Mathematica
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 06:03:20 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 3, 7:48 pm, Alan <alan.is... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there yet any footnote functionality in a standard Mathematica style. I
> suppose this would just be an inline-text style that would export appropriately (e.g., to LaTeX), but I can imagine other functionality even in a notebook (e.g., display only a number, open for editing if the number is clicked, display as endnotes in a special cell if desired, etc)
>
> Alan Isaac

No page footnote capability if that is what you mean. End of document
footnotes can be added. The development w.r.t authoring is basically
some kind of random walk. Features that enhance authoring such as
Endnote linking was added to the windows version (documented in the
Mac version but not functional!!), meanwhile other features that used
to enhance authoring such as AuthorTools have stopped being supported/
updated. The upshot is net zero gain. Hard to fathom.

Mike