Re: FinancialData - how to find ticker symbols?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122729] Re: FinancialData - how to find ticker symbols?
- From: "Chris Degnen" <degnen at cwgsy.net>
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 06:22:24 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
My method has been to Google the stock, e.g. Siemens, finding "SI". Then look up possible tickers to find a match possibles = FinancialData["*:SI", "Lookup"] Check the names and exchanges FinancialData[#, "Name"] & /@ possibles FinancialData[#, "Exchange"] & /@ possibles And finally check the quote matches what I expect: FinancialData["NYSE:SI"] Mikael wrote: > > Hi everyone, > > I am trying to retrieve data for some European stocks using > FinancialData but I am having difficulties to find the > corresponding ticker symbols for the stocks I am interested in. > > As an example suppose I am interested in German Siemnens or > Swedish Volvo stocks. I understand that I can use > > FinancialData["Exchanges"] > > to find the names of exchanges but I have not been able to find > the ticker symbol for those stocks I am looking for. > > I wonder also what would be the general way of doing this if I > just know the name of a company and the country where it is traded. > Thanks. >