- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122734] Re: $UserBaseDirectory
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 06:23:17 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 08/11/2011 12:22, E. Frauendorfer wrote:
> Help for $UserBaseDirectory gives the following "very helpful" instruction:
> The value of $UserBaseDirectory can be specified by setting the
> MATHEMATICA_BASE operating system environment variable when the
> Mathematica kernel is launched. It cannot be reset from inside the kernel.
> I would like to know where, when and how to do that.
> Thanks EF
Are you using Windows? If so, go into the 'Control Panel', open 'System'
and press 'Advanced', then 'Environment Variables'. You should then add
a new system variable with the name MATHEMATICA_BASE and value equal to
the full pathname of a directory that you wish to use for this purpose.
I do this myself, as it is more convenient to keep this directory in a
fixed place rather than at a location that varies with changes in the
Prev by Date:
Re: Mathematica mentors in Austin TX area
Next by Date:
Re: FinancialData - how to find ticker symbols?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: