Re: 3d EPS export files huge on Mac OS X, not so much on PCs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg121845] Re: 3d EPS export files huge on Mac OS X, not so much on PCs
  • From: Heike Gramberg <heike.gramberg at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 03:58:35 -0400 (EDT)

I've come across this problem too. As a workaround I ended up exporting
the pictures to .jpg and
converting these to .eps. For the conversion to .eps I use an external
script called jpeg2eps which
can be downloaded from http://rses.anu.edu.au/~andy/jpeg2eps/.The
resulting .eps files are about 100 KB.

Since jpeg2eps is a shell-script, you could export the picture and
convert it to .eps in one
go by doing something like

p = Plot3D[Sin[x + y^2], {x, -3, 3}, {y, -2, 2}]
Run["bash -l jpeg2eps", Export["testpic.jpg", Image[p, ImageSize ->
800]]]

Heike.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/a669fd00915cbbf5/8d8d847ffca75f6d?lnk=gst&q=plot3d+huge#8d8d847ffca75f6d