Plot function with two arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122073] Plot function with two arguments
  • From: Momo K <momok1994 at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 03:43:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I want to plot the function f. It is defined as followed:

f[x_, k_] := (k*x^2 - x)/(x - k)

As you see, it takes two arguments. In fact it shall represent a family of
curves, but I didn't find any way different to this to define one.

My aim is to plot the function by plot firstly f[x, -3], then f[x, -2], f[x,
Is there a way to do this automatically without typing every single function
with k adjusted. I imagined something like {{x,-20,20}, {k,-3,3}} or so.

Many thanks
and best regards

Momo