HDF4 Vdata import

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122178] HDF4 Vdata import
  • From: "M.Roellig" <markus.roellig at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 05:34:13 -0400 (EDT)

Dear group,

I just wanted to share a small package that i created to access Vdata
sets in a HDF file (version 4 and smaller) since native Import only
supports SD sets. It is still in an experimental stage, but it does
what it is supposed to. If the need arises I may add more features to
it (like Vgroup support, Ratser Image import, etc.). On the website
below I also share the notebook where I tried to figure out how to
access the HDF contents directly via BinaryRead. Maybe this is useful
for somebody (even though it was not created for others to understand
what is going on).

Here is the link:

http://www.astro.uni-koeln.de/staff/roellig/HDF4

Markus