Re: Control 6 does nothing

On 10/18/11 at 7:41 AM, julian.aguirre at ehu.es (Juli=C3=A1n) wrote:

>The keyboard shortcut "ctrl 6" for powers does nothing on in version
>8 on Mac OS X 10.7.2

>Other shortcuts (square root, fractions) work as expected.

>$Version

>"8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 23, 2011)"

That is the same version of Mathematica I am using with OS X
10.7.2 and the ctrl 6 works as expected for powers. Most likely,
the problem you are seeing is due something else snagging this
key combination before Mathematica sees it.

Take a look at the Keyboard Shortcuts tab in the Keyboard
preference pane. Scroll down to the keyboard shortcuts for
Mission Control and make sure ctrl 6 is not selected as the
keyboard shortcut to switch desktops.