Re: Problem with "Which"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg122209] Re: Problem with "Which"
- From: Rui <rui.rojo at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 06:22:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
Which tries it's arguments in turn until one yields true, AS LONG AS they yield false. If a condition yields neither True nor False, it returns the Which expression only partially evaluated, expecting that some day that expression might start yielding True or False. In your case, for example, if you ever assign x a value that makes -6+6 x be negative, then that Which will be resolved. Not sure what you expected...