Error on importing previously saved data file: Get::bigfile

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122339] Error on importing previously saved data file: Get::bigfile
  • From: Matthias Seise <mseise at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:36:04 -0400 (EDT)

I'm working in Mathematica 8, 64 bit.

I have saved a data set (Save["filename",data]) - which is about 3.5
MB on the harddisk (a table with numbers and images,
ByteCount=610117226).
When I try to read it again into Memory I get "Get::bigfile: "The file
"filename" is too large to be read into memory."

I can work around it by splitting the data in smaller junks, but there
should be a better way since the data set should not be too large

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Matthias Seise