Re: Parameter Fitting in coupled differential equation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg122340] Re: Parameter Fitting in coupled differential equation
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 17:36:15 -0400 (EDT)

I have an old notebook that I adapted from a Wolfram Tech Note several
years ago. Basically you need to write a function that is given
parameter choices as input and then outputs the LSQ difference between
the DE solution and the data. Then just use FindMinimum. With 5
parameters, it could get tricky, since there may be multiple local
minima. I can send you the nb if you are interested.