Re: Formatting in XLS(X) files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122433] Re: Formatting in XLS(X) files
  • From: Josselin Noirel <commercialat at jnoireldot.fr>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 05:36:16 -0400 (EDT)

On 2011-10-12 07:46:37 +0000, Josselin Noirel said:

> I'm wondering if there's any way an XLS or XLSX file one exports can
> get some nice formatting: bold face and/or background colour for some
> of the cells?  I'm compiling some results for collaborators and beyond
> the numerical values, I'd like trends to be easily spotted by them.

Thanks everyone for answering (and sorry for the very late reply).  Not
so easy then, I got really frustrated with Excel about it.

NETLink could be the way forward, however I suspect that it won't work
on a MacBook.

Excel 2011 for Mac seems to have Visual Basic.

	Either VBA on Excel 2011: 1. I need to get Excel 2011, 2. I need to
learn VBA (again) and its functions for formatting

	I learn NETLink and run the Mathematica code on a Windows machine.

NETLink looks like a better option.  I'll look in to that.  Thanks again!

Joss