Matematica Beginner/Student and Mysql

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg122430] Matematica Beginner/Student and Mysql
  • From: ejules <weberejules at>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 05:35:43 -0400 (EDT)
Hello Everybody.. I hope this is the right place to post...

I'm student and currently trying to connect a mysql database running
locally on localhost, including the database
Testdatabase with table Testtable.
I try now to connect with Mathematica:

 JDBC["MySQL(Connector/J)", "localhost:3306/testdatabase"],
 "Name" -> "TestDB", "Username" -> "root", "Password" -> ""]
conn1 = OpensqlConnection["TestDB"]

Unfortunately my Ouptut is only a echo of what i wrote but not the
result i'm looking for
afterwards i would like to send standard sql queries to retrieve
Anyone could help me? Step by step? I never used Mathematica before,
but as my datasets are pretty large and manipulating data in tables is
very convienient, i would really appreciate any help..

Thank you! ejules