Re: Matematica Beginner/Student and Mysql

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg122455] Re: Matematica Beginner/Student and Mysql
  • From: Michael Stern <nycstern at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 07:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica and MySQL work together beautifully. My connections look
like this:

Needs["DatabaseLink`"];

jpDB = OpenSQLConnection[
    JDBC["MySQL(Connector/J)", "localhost:3306/whateverdb"],
    Username -> "whatevername", Password -> "whateverpass"];

SQLConnections[]
(* just to check that I have a good connection. If I do, it responds
with something like "{SQLConnection[1, "Open", "Catalog" -> "whateverdb",
   "TransactionIsolationLevel" -> "RepeatableRead"]}"  *)

I generally design the tables with MySQL Workbench, and then use
SQLInsert or SQLExecute to add data, and SQLSelect or SQLExecute to
retrieve it. I'm not sure a detailed example would help much, as it
would depend on the structure of your database, which is surely
different from mine.

Good luck,

Michael