Re: Print bug with -script? (quotes display)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121230] Re: Print bug with -script? (quotes display)
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 07:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

same here in Linux but I don't consider this as a bug. It's just that
the Mathematica frontend usually displays strings without the quotes:

{DisplayForm[#], InputForm[#], FullForm[#]} &["Hello you"]

In console script mode this seems to get lost. Isn't there in Vista a
way to write directly to the stdout-stream? Here, something like

PrintToConsole["Sheldor is back online"];

can be used. Maybe you want to check the output of Streams[] on your

Hope this helps.