Print bug with -script? (quotes display)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121220] Print bug with -script? (quotes display)
- From: Alan <alan.isaac at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 18:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica at googlegroups.com
I am using Mathematica under Windows Vista. To run Mathematica commands as a script, my understanding is that I should invoke
math.exe -script <scriptname>
This is working, but if I print a string
it prints surrounded by quotes (as written literally).
I find this highly undesirable: can the quotes be suppressed?
Also, this behavior seems to conflict with the documentation:
Is it a bug?
Prev by Date:
JLink connection at Mathematica 8 start on OS X 10.6
Next by Date:
Re: Quit versus Clear["Global`*"]
Previous by thread:
Re: JLink connection at Mathematica 8 start on OS X 10.6
Next by thread:
Re: Print bug with -script? (quotes display)