Re: Print bug with -script? (quotes display)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121248] Re: Print bug with -script? (quotes display)
  • From: Alan <alan.isaac at>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 03:56:28 -0400 (EDT)

On the other hand, it is hard to call it a bug when the behavior is documented:

"In a script mode the kernel prints no banner and no In or Out labels, and generates all output in InputForm, with the PageWidth option effectively set to Infinity."

So I should be more careful and say that I hope Wolfram will reconsider the behavior of Print in scripts: current behavior is surprising and undesirable.

Alan Isaac