- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121377] Solve::nsmet
- From: Diviya Smith <diviya.smith at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:18:32 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
I am trying to solve this equation using Mathematica but I keep getting the
following error "Solve::nsmet: This system cannot be solved with the methods
available to Solve".
Solve[(p*(1 - e^(-x*(d - p))))/((-d + p) (1 - e^(x*p))) == y, x]
I have also tried *Reduce* but that does not work either. Any suggestions,
how I can fix the error? I am new to Mathematica...my apologies if this is a
very basic question.
Prev by Date:
Inverse of function
Next by Date:
Re: How to do this substitution?
Previous by thread:
Re: Inverse of function
Next by thread: