Re: Inverse of function

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:20:26 +0000 (UTC), Simon
<simonjtyler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Exactly what code did you use to get the inverse function?

Hi Simon,

I used the free form input in that form: "inverse function of
f(x)=x^2", so I essentially used Wolfram alpha

My point or rather my question was however, why Mathematica returns a
solution where there should be none, as to my understanding f(x)=x^2
cannot be inverted. But then my understanding is quite limited, so
please bear with me if this is just a lapse of knowledge on my part
:-)

Regards

--
Berthold Hamburger - Cellist/Spain