Re: Changing Style Sheets in 8.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg121462] Re: Changing Style Sheets in 8.0
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 05:46:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 04:38:26 -0400 (EDT), AES wrote: > While we're on this topic . . . given Mathematica's general emphasis > on case sensitivity and notational consistency, is it > > Style sheet? > > Style Sheet? > > Stylesheet? > > StyleSheet? > > Kind of entertaining to see that the Help message for > the StyleSheetPath option has a SEE ALSO that points > to Stylesheet. We changed our usage from StyleSheet to Stylesheet a number of years ago, but we preserved the actual paths being used because changing it would have caused some backward compatibility issues. We could have easily changed the option name, but it seems even sillier to have such a discrepancy between the option name and its default values. I'm glad you were entertained. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.