Re: More FinancialData glitches

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg121730] Re: More FinancialData glitches
  • From: Tyler <hayes.tyler at>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 02:45:55 -0400 (EDT)

I found this, looks like they have a deal with another vendor
(Xignite) for some information

For the record, the Financial data functionality is one of my most
loved (and hated) features. It's one of the best things going compared
to other environments to have a common interface natural to the
language to get the data for analysis. Perhaps a wrapper function to
allow you to specify a secondary source would help alleviate these
issues? Basically, same function, but with a try/catch in the middle.
If both bomb, well, a bad day I guess. Nonetheless, this should come
out of the box in my mind.