Re: typesetting derivative at a value

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125770] Re: typesetting derivative at a value
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 03:40:28 -0400 (EDT)

Is this in an in-line cell inside a Text cell? And the derivative is
shown as if it were a built-up fraction?

If so, and if you use the right-bracketing bar, which you may type as
Esc r| Esc, then the bar should automatically extend the full height of
the fraction-like derivative.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305