Where is ShowGraph?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg125949] Where is ShowGraph?
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 05:32:55 -0400 (EDT)
I assume Combinatorica comes preloaded with Mathematica 8, because my
attempt to load Combinatorica gives an error message "Combinatorica Graph
and Permutations functionality has been superseded by preloaded

And indeed, so it seems, as this code works fine:
   g = GraphData["KnightsTour"]
resulting in an apparently sensible list structure for g.

However, online documentation for Combinatorica describes a routine
ShowGraph, giving this example:
But ShowGraph is not defined (apparently not preloaded). Indeed,
'ShowGraph' appears in blue text (undefined) in the aforementioned
documentation page.

I visited, as suggested by the documentation, without

What am I missing?  How do I display the graph 'g'?