Unable to use Combinatorica Package from Adjacent Matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125972] Unable to use Combinatorica Package from Adjacent Matrix
  • From: Yui Hiroaki <hiroakiyui at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 02:30:55 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sir,

I have a question about "Combinatorica" Package in Mathematica library.
I tried to run the function, for example, ShowGraph or
MaximumSpanningTree or other functions.
But these do not load the graph from an Adjacent Matrix.
Does anyone know how to load the graph using the Combinatorica
functions from an Adjacent Matrix?

I tried below steps;
1) Load a Combinatrica Package( << Combinatorica` ).
2) Import "Harwell-Boeing" format matrix.
3) Create an Adjacent Matrix from the imported matrix using AdjacentMatrix.
4) Then All elements are 1 or 0 in the imported matrix.

But The graph is not  loaded using ShowGraph function from Adjacent Matrix.

Only the graph is loaded by AdjacencyGraph.

Environment-----
Mac OS: 10.6.8 (Snow LeoPard)
Mathematica v8

I need your help.