Re: different ticks (but relationed)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126143] Re: different ticks (but relationed)
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr357 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 07:48:46 -0400 (EDT)

The upper and lower ticks are proportional not inversely proportional.

Module[{
  p = Plot[5 x/7, {x, 0, 7},
    Frame -> True, Axes -> False],
  ft},
 ft = FrameTicks /.
   AbsoluteOptions[p, FrameTicks];
 Show[p,
  FrameTicks -> {
    {Automatic, Automatic},
    {Automatic,
     ft[[1]] /.
      {x_, xl_?NumericQ, r__} :>
       {x,
        ToString[Rationalize[xl, 0]/20,
         TraditionalForm], r}}}]]

If you want to keep the fractions from simpifying:

Module[{
  p = Plot[5 x/7, {x, 0, 7},
    Frame -> True, Axes -> False],
  ft},