Re: Instability with Dynamic content

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126195] Re: Instability with Dynamic content
  • From: leigh pascoe <leigh at evry.inserm.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 05:34:16 -0400 (EDT)

Le 23/04/2012 11:32, Alexei Boulbitch a =E9crit :

> Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
> IEE S.A.
> ZAE Weiergewan,
> 11, rue Edmond Reuter,
> L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG
>
> Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
> Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
> mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44
>
> e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu

uesday, my post appearing on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 under the subject =
scrolling GUI problem.
>> So far I received no reply.
>>
>> In my case I did not notice any relation between the dynamic content a=
nd the scrolling problem. That is,  I met the scrolling problems in docum=
ents with interactive dynamics, but also in documents containing no inter=
active dynamics, but only regular calculations (sometimes - also quite si=
mple) and text. Images may have been present in problematic documents. I =
cannot exclude that images were present in all documents exhibiting probl=
ems, though it does not seem necessary.

>> Regards, Alexei
>>
>> Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
>> IEE S.A.
>> ZAE Weiergewan,
>> 11, rue Edmond Reuter,
>> L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG
>>
>> Office phone :  +352-2454-2566
>> Office fax:       +352-2454-3566
>> mobile phone:  +49 151 52 40 66 44
>>
>> e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu
>>

> Dear Alexi,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure if the problem is really related =
to Dynamic content either - I suspect I have encountered the problem earl=
ier on non dynamic notebooks. Until now I just restarted Mathematica when=
 the problem occurred. I am reassured that I am not the only one experien=
cing this problem and hope that someone has a suggestion as to what can b=
e done to remedy it.

> LP
>
> Dear Leigh,
> I also restart Mathematica. However, before I restart it, for some time=
 it is possible to scroll the document by moving its scroll bar. In this =
case the document first jumps to the very beginning, and I have to scroll=
 from the beginning. It is very boring, especially in the case of large, =
multipage document that I often have. Sometimes this lasts until the end =
of the Mathematica session. In other cases after some time the document s=
crolling freezes down definitely, and I only can restart Mathematica.

> I believe that it is a bug, and (if that is true) the aim of my post ha=
s been to attract attention of Wolfram Research to this problem.  I do no=
t have the impression that I succeeded though.

> Regards, Alexei

Dear Alexi,

That is not quite my experience. For me the scroll bar doesn't work,
except that moving it changes the size of the window. It would be good
to find a way to reproduce this behaviour consistently, so that the
Wolfram people could understand and fix the problem.

LP