CDF plugin for MediaWiki

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg126206] CDF plugin for MediaWiki
  • From: Chris Page <yotogi at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 02:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

    A couple of months ago I developed a CDF extension for MediaWiki
that allows uploaded .cdf files to be displayed in wiki pages with a
simple <cdf> tag, or it can be used to display .cdf files from other
servers. After some enquiries about whether such a thing exists during
the CDF workshop today I was persuaded to clean up the code and
release it. The current version is rather beta-ish and it needs some
updating to meet the MediaWiki 'best practice' guidelines for
extensions, but it works for us.

You can find the current version at
along with instructions about installing and using the extension. If
this is useful for you, or you have any questions, please tell me!