Solving a system of equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg126230] Solving a system of equations
  • From: richard ag <agrich1 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 05:28:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I am new to Mathematica and need to solve urgently a system of two
nonlinear difference equations that takes the following form:

x(n) = f[z(n)],

z(n+1) = g[z(n), z(n)],

where where n is time f[] and g[] are nonlinear functional forms.

An obvious solution is to substitute out for x(n) from the first
equation in the second and solve a single equation in m(n), using
RSOLVE.

However, I would prefer to learn how to solve the two equations
simultaneously.

If anybody can direct me to some existing code, I would be most
grateful.