Re: any news of new edition of The Mathematica GuideBooks?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127600] Re: any news of new edition of The Mathematica GuideBooks?
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 04:37:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I wouldn't hold my breath... On Aug 5, 3:03 pm, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <n... at 12000.org> wrote: > I was wondering if someone knows of any news about when, and > if there will be a new hardcopy version of the The Mathematica > Guidebooks? > > I really like these books, but no news on the web sitehttp://www.mathematicaguidebooks.org/on a possible new > edition. The last thing it said on this was: > > "So, rather than having new versions in Summer 2008, > the expected date is sometime in 2009" > > Just wanted to see if may be someone here knows something. > > I am missing hardcopy version of one of these books, (the graphics > one) and wanted to buy it from Amazon, but thought may be a new > version will come out when version 9 of Mathematica comes out > which might be this year as well, so may be I can wait little > more. If not, I'll buy the first edition then. > > thanks, > --Nasser