Re: slide show questions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127864] Re: slide show questions
- From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
- Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 04:51:22 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have been using slide show recently, and it has a lot of advantages with respect to the standard software. However, I have not been able to manage to do
the following simple operations:
1. Delete a slide
2. Change the position of a slide. Suppose you have a slide at position 5 and you want to put it at position 3.
3. Merge two slides
I am sure all these things are pretty obvious. Can somebody out there give a hand?
Do the following:
1. Open Mathematica, and go to Menu/File/New/SlideShow. You will get a template of a slide show open on the screen. It contains templates of three slides. At the right edge of the screen you see the blue brackets embracing the slide content. There is, however, one more bracket that is invisible. It is to the right of the visible ones. Visualize it by placing a cursor on it. You will easily find it by trying few positions to the right of the visible brackets. This one embraces the whole slide.
2. Mark this latter bracket by clicking on it and make Ctrl+X. Like this you cut away the whole slide.
3. Put the cursor between any two other slides and click. You will see a line visualized between the slides. Press Enter. The line transforms into an empty cell. Mark the bracket to the right of this empty cell and press Ctrl+V. The slide that you have just cut out will be inserted instead the empty cell.
4. Mark all cells inside one of the slides (may be with the exclusion of its title). Say, in the slide 3 it is the following:
This is a text cell.
2 + 2
Go to another slide, say, slide 2. In its place of your choice put a cursor and click. A new cell will appear. Mark it by clicking on its bracket and make Crtl+V. The content of the slide 3 will be inserted into the place of your choice. After that you may safely remove the whole slide 3. Like this you merge two slides
You may also skip placing cursor, clicking and marking the cell. Just make Ctrl+V after clicking.
Have fun, Alexei
Alexei BOULBITCH, Dr., habil.
11, rue Edmond Reuter,
L-5326 Contern, LUXEMBOURG
Office phone : +352-2454-2566
Office fax: +352-2454-3566
mobile phone: +49 151 52 40 66 44
e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at iee.lu
Prev by Date:
Re: Problems obtaining a free c compiler...
Next by Date:
Re: Group and Replace itens sequence in a list
Previous by thread:
slide show questions
Next by thread:
Problems obtaining a free c compiler...