Re: How to create links or bookmarks to jump to sections inside a notebook
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127892] Re: How to create links or bookmarks to jump to sections inside a notebook
- From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
- Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 04:09:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <20120829051425.4BC8B687E@smc.vnet.net>
1. Insert a tag in the target (graphics, or other) cell:
- select the cell;
- from menu, Cell > Cell Tags > Add/Remove Cell Tags (there's a
shortcut key for that -- Cmd J on Mac, probably Ctrl J on Windows);
- in bottom input field in the "Edit Cell Tags for [nb name]" pop-up
window, type a name for the Cell tag, say "MyFigure" (no quotes);
- click Add.
(While working, you may want to display the cell tags. To do so, use
Cell > Cell Tags > Show Cell Tags.)
2. Create the hyperlink:
- Select the text back in the text cell where you want the source of
- from menu, Insert > Hyperlink (there's a shortcut key for that,
- in the pop-up dialog window, click radio button "Current notebook";
- in the display "All cell tags in the notebook", click the target
- click OK (or combine the last two steps with a double-click).
I find the default styling of hyperlinked text hard to spot,
particularly at the default small font size on a high-resolution screen,
so you may want to change that, by more distinctive coloring or the old,
ugly, but well-understood underlining.
On Aug 29, 2012, at 1:14 AM, luke wallace <lukewallace1990 at gmail.com>
> I'm trying to make an interactive e-book in mathematica.
> I know how to hyperlink to jump from one notebook to another, or to a
helpfile in mathematica using 'hyperlink' symbol
> but how do I make text click-able which will make it jump to a certain
picture inside the nb.
> So for example if I have a cell of text that has the text "Figure 1.1"
somewhere in there, I need to be able to click the "Figure 1.1" text
like a hyperlink to jump to the figure which is in the same lengthy
notebook but in a different section. Is it possible?
> If it is possible, how would I make a stylesheet that would
automatically interlink textual "Figure X.X" with the actual picture (by
tagging the picture), and then clicking the picture would jump back to
murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305
Prev by Date:
Re: Savitzkz Golay Smoothing in Mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Find a maxlist of within subsets
Previous by thread:
Assumptions does not work in Eliminate?
Next by thread:
Re: Assumptions does not work in Eliminate?