DSolve for a real function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg127908] DSolve for a real function
- From: Andreas Talmon l'Armée at smc.vnet.net
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 03:59:25 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com> <20120830081127.42F9968E0@smc.vnet.net>
Is there a way to tell mathematica to solve only for real solutions. My
differential equation is of the kind
a= constant coefficient
I know that I get 4 komplex eigenvalues which are complex conjungated.
But y[x] is a real function.
Solving this equation with DSolve always gets a complex function y[x].
Prev by Date:
Re: Getting the Derivative of an HoldForm Expression
Next by Date:
Re: Problems obtaining a free c compiler...
Previous by thread:
Re: reduction/simplification of hypergeometric-function-related formula
Next by thread: