Re: SystemModeler Users?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg129240] Re: SystemModeler Users?
  • From: "John Reed" <88ka5qep88 at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 02:00:09 -0500 (EST)

I have the trial version of SystemModeler.  I'm trying to model a simple
electronic filter circuit.  I was able to get a model working showing the
spectrum of this filter with Electronic Workbench in about 15 minutes.  Then
I decided to try SystemModeler to see if it could also do this model.  I was
hoping I could use some of the Mathematica manipulate and plot routines to
see how changing some of the components modified the spectrum.  This has not
been easy and I have yet to get a spectrum out of it after several weeks of
trying.  What one would normally do is to use a voltage source that sweeps
through a defined range of frequencies to get the spectrum.  There is no
source like this in SystemModeler that I have been able to find, and I've
spent a lot of time looking.  The closest I have gotten is to get a step
response which could be converted to a spectrum with a Fourier transform.
However, I don't see any way to get to a transform in SystemModeler.  This
system is hard to use.  It requires first setting up the model, then running
a simulation, then finally going into Mathematica.  This is three different
programs.  The routines in the Mathematica part seem to be limited.  Maybe
there is a way to get the simulation into a useable form, but I'm running
out of patience.  I don't plan to purchase this program.

John Reed

news:kb1e5u$oum$1 at smc.vnet.net...