Re: Setting global graphics options

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124941] Re: Setting global graphics options
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 03:40:53 -0500 (EST)

On 2/12/2012 4:11 AM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:
>  How can I set up Mathematica to load my options at launch time?

You can add the commands to the init.m file?

Possible locations for init.m files include the following:

$BaseDirectory/Kernel
$UserBaseDirectory/Kernel
$BaseDirectory/FrontEnd
$UserBaseDirectory/FrontEnd

For example, on windows I see one here:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Mathematica\Kernel\init.m

But I prefer to put the commands I want in an m file and
put the file on my own separate data disk, away from the C drive
in case I update Mathemtica, then I might lose the file.

Simply load the commands from the .m file using << after starting Mathematica.

--Nasser