Re: Set page width for Put; or is there a stream associated with Put

On 29/11/2011 12:07, ezh wrote:
> Running Mathematica 4.
> I have a bunch of Mathematica code that uses "Put".  Is there a way to
> set the page width (so long lines don't get  folded)?
>
> If I knew a stream associated with Put, then I could set the Page
> Width there.
>
> I suspect that the answer is to not use put, but to use "Open","Write,
> etc.
>
> Thanks

Coincidentally, I encountered this problem recently, and discovered that
Put can take a stream argument instead of the file argument - so you can
open the stream with a suitable PageWidth.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk