Re: Packages - trivial question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125203] Re: Packages - trivial question
  • From: James Stein <mathgroup at stein.org>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:47:38 -0500 (EST)

Read the Mathematica tutorial on Contexts.
Here's one paragraph therefrom:

The basic idea is that the full name of any symbol is broken into two
parts: a context and a short name. The full name is written as
context`short, where the ` is the backquote or grave accent character
(ASCII decimal code 96), called a "context mark" in Mathematica.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 3:39 AM, =C5 er=C3=BDch Jakub <Serych at panska.cz> wrote:
> I'm sorry for such a trivial question, but what does mean the backapostroph behind the package name, when one wants to get package?
>
> For example:
> << PhysicalConstants`
>
> I'm trying to find it in the documentation, but I'm not successfull. =C2=
 Is it the same symbol as it is used for NumberMarks i.e. 0.3333333333333333` for example?