Re: Packages - trivial question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125201] Re: Packages - trivial question
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:46:55 -0500 (EST)

Yes, "definition space" is the basic idea -- what's sometimes called
"name space" with other languages.  The technical term in Mathematica is
"context".

Look up "context" in the Mathematica Documentation Center. And in
particular see the page "tutorial/Contexts".

Also the page "tutorial/ContextsAndPackages".

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305