Re: Packages - trivial question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg125201] Re: Packages - trivial question
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 00:46:55 -0500 (EST)

Yes, "definition space" is the basic idea -- what's sometimes called
"name space" with other languages.  The technical term in Mathematica is

Look up "context" in the Mathematica Documentation Center. And in
particular see the page "tutorial/Contexts".

Also the page "tutorial/ContextsAndPackages".

On 2/27/12 6:39 AM, =8Aer=FDch Jakub wrote:
> I'm sorry for such a trivial question, but what does mean the backapostroph behind the package name, when one wants to get package?
> For example:
> <<  PhysicalConstants`
> I'm trying to find it in the documentation, but I'm not successfull.  Is it the same symbol as it is used for NumberMarks i.e. 0.3333333333333333` for example?
> I think, that in the case of packages it means something like "definition space", because for example:
> Remove["Global`*"] should remove all the symbol definitions in current session.
> But I'm still confused of the little but magic  `
> Thanks in advance for any enlightenment
> Jakub

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305