Re: Lack of 3D plot rotation handles ?

Oh.

My colleague tripped onto the answer.  When the cursor is in "bullseye" mode (NOT panning icon, as I incorrectly described), select the plot, then double-click it - that should switch the cursor to the rotation handles.  Then the usual key combos can select among pan and zoom.

Sure like to see this get into the Docs sometime :-)