Re: Fourier Transform
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg124252] Re: Fourier Transform
- From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
- Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 17:11:48 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
On 1/14/12 at 2:56 AM, jstorch at earthlink.net wrote: >Mathematica hangs when trying to evaluate the simple Fourier >Transform of H(a-|t|). >FourierTransform[HeavisideTheta[a-abs[t]],t,w,Assumptions->a>0] >(The answer should be Sqrt(2/Pi) (Sin[w a])/w ) Using In:= $Version Out= 8.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (October 5, 2011) I don't have any problem with this when I replace abs with Abs. If you use abs instead of Abs then it should not be surprising Mathematica has difficulty since abs is not defined.