CurrentImage Command not working in MacBook Pro

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg124635] CurrentImage Command not working in MacBook Pro
  • From: Ruben <rgarciaber at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 06:13:14 -0500 (EST)

Dear all,
I'm using a mid 2009 MacBook Pro with OS X 10.7.2  and Mathematica
8.0.4 and unfortunately I'm having difficulties using the built-in
camera with commands such as CurrentImage[] or ImageCapture[].
The error messages that I get is the following:

LinkObject::linkn: Argument LinkObject[/Applications/Mathematica.app/
SystemFiles/Converters/Binaries/MacOSX-x86/CameraCapture.exe,18,8] in
LinkWrite[LinkObject[/Applications/Mathematica.app/SystemFiles/
Converters/Binaries/MacOSX-x86/CameraCapture.exe,18,8],<<1>>] has an
invalid LinkObject number; the link may be closed. >>

I also noticed that in the console there's a message saying:

Mathematica: CFURLCreateWithString was passed this invalid URL string:
'/System/Library/CoreServices/CommonCocoaPanels.bundle' (a file system
path instead of an URL string). The URL created will not work with
most file URL functions. CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPath or
CFURLCreateWithFileSystemPathRelativeToBase should be used instead.

I already contacted technical support but they told me it's not a
Mathematica problem but a system problem so I'm wondering if there's
someone who has experienced similar problems in the past.
Any suggestions about how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Ruben