Countur/Density plot on sphere

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg127445] Countur/Density plot on sphere
  • From: BlaÅ Kranjc <blaz.kranjc91 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:33:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I have a problem in which I need to evaluate a function on the the surface of the sphere. I've used ColorFunction and MeshFunctions before, but they seem to work only on analicial functions, my function is numerical integration in given point and returns a number. Is there any way to plot that kind of graph (colored sphere depending on a value) or can anybody suggest other ways to represent this.

Thank you,

Bla=C5=BE Kranjc