Re: Memory Blowup Issues

Hello,

I find the following function to be a useful way to extract information
for memory management:

checkMemory[]:=Grid@Sort[{ByteCount[ToExpression[#]], HoldForm[#]} &
/@ Names["Global`*"], (First[#1] > First[#2]) &]

This returns a list of symbols ranked by their ByteCount.  However, I am
not sure if evaluating checkMemory causes a momentary doubling of memory
for each evaluation of ByteCount=85.

I thought I would pass this along for anyone who might be hunting for
such a thing=85

W Craig Carter
Professor of Materials Science, MIT