Re: Real time sound processing?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg125380] Re: Real time sound processing?
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:05:00 -0500 (EST)

On Saturday, 10 March 2012 13:18:33 UTC+2, David Kahle  wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.
>
> Is there any equivalent to something like Dynamic@CurrentImage[] for
> sounds?  I'm looking for ways to interact with sound (in and out) in
> real time, but the Play function and other similar functions seem to be
> static and pre-set.

Mathematica is not able to handle precise timings in real time, and is likely to introduce significant latency.  I don't think it's a good tool for real time sound processing.

It IS a good tool for generating sounds and exporting them (to be played later), it is just not suitable for real time work---in my opinion.