Re: Real time sound processing?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125380] Re: Real time sound processing?
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:05:00 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <email@example.com>
On Saturday, 10 March 2012 13:18:33 UTC+2, David Kahle wrote: > Hi all - > > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. > > Is there any equivalent to something like Dynamic@CurrentImage for > sounds? I'm looking for ways to interact with sound (in and out) in > real time, but the Play function and other similar functions seem to be > static and pre-set. > Mathematica is not able to handle precise timings in real time, and is likely to introduce significant latency. I don't think it's a good tool for real time sound processing. It IS a good tool for generating sounds and exporting them (to be played later), it is just not suitable for real time work---in my opinion.