Re: Real time sound processing?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg125382] Re: Real time sound processing?
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 04:05:42 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 10/03/2012 11:18, David Kahle wrote: > Hi all - > > I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. > > Is there any equivalent to something like Dynamic@CurrentImage for > sounds? I'm looking for ways to interact with sound (in and out) in > real time, but the Play function and other similar functions seem to be > static and pre-set. > > Ideas? > > Thanks! > david. > > I think the simplest answer would be to use J/Link and record/ playback sounds from within Java. I don't know the relevant details, but I would imagine suitable classes exist. Since the Java code would probably not be totally trivial, it would probably be most convenient to write actual Java code (rather than doing everything from J/Link calls) and call the top level functions using J/Link. These functions must be declared public. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk