Re: installing cdf-reader on chrome under linux?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg126436] Re: installing cdf-reader on chrome under linux?
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 04:59:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2012.05.09. 9:55, Jonathan Poritz wrote: > Does anyone know how to install cdf-reader as a Chrome plugin under > linux (I'm using Mint, but it's pretty much Ubuntu...)? > > Here's what happens for me: > I go to look at a CDF. > It offers to install the plugin. > I click yes, answer the questions, get a shell archive downloaded. > I sudo execute it. > I go back to look at a CDF (in Chrome) and it still shows as no > plugin, offering to install the reader.... > > Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! > As far as I know, the CDF reader is not available as a browser plugin on Linux. You can use it as a standalone program, but not as a browser plugin. -- Szabolcs Horvát Visit Mathematica.SE: http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/